Monday, May 4, 2009

A NEW GAME: Search Image

I am substituting for high-school Ceramics class and am entirely unneeded. Straight from the horses mouth I was told: The reason you are required to be in here is so that someone can be liable for the children, which in real-talk equates to: if one of them burns their hand off they can blame it on me. Ha! Like I know to work a kiln...

So anyways, I have plenty of time on my hands and feel that it is time to provide you guys with a new form of entertainment. This game is about as simple as it comes and will be sure to "shock and wow" you. What else could you possibly want?

What you need:
a.) google
b.) dissociative skills

The first thing you need to do is to turn off the safe search on your Google Image Search. I hope that most of you would already have your computer set like this, but I have come understand that there are some out there who avoid the dark side.

The second thing that you need to do is to make a list of 4 words. The key is to pick 4 words that are the least associated with each other. For example, don't have one of your words be "swine," and then have another one be "bacon." Instead, do something like: "swine and carpet."

Once you have selected your four words, enter them into the Google Image Search. Now, find out what pictures you come up with! The only guaranteed result is amusement. Every other result is up to the Gods.

Here are a few examples of what can surface:


booger t-rex roll net


melody candle don sparrow


fielder evil vogue dock


chimney smock, linoleum janice


pontificate salamander meet regal

It's difficult not to keep going and going, but I'll stop there. I don't want you to get fat and happy off of my hard work. So go do it for yourself!

1 comment: